The global authority on everything colour-related, Pantone, releases one Colour Of The Year based on cultural inspirations from around the globe. Although this year, two colours – Rose Quartz and Serenity – have been chosen as the go-to colour(s) for 2016 – a first for Pantone. The warm rose tone and the calming and cool blue are a fresh contrast to 2015’s chosen colour, Marsala. As described by Pantone, the colour duo “demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue”, offering a soothing combination for a home decor scheme.
Inspired by Pantone’s Serenity and Rose Quartz, I've listed a few simple tips on how to incorporate sky blue or quartz pink – or both – into your home…
1. When it comes to working with pastel-like colours, subtle applications make for a sophisticated interior. Walls painted in Rose Quartz or Serenity will add the right amount of colour to a neutral interior, or try subtly printed wallpapers for a point of difference.
2. Moody charcoal walls or accents beautifully compliment furniture pieces in either Quartz or soft blue, allowing for the subtleties of each hue to stand out. Try, for example, my Monroe Bombay Chest placed atop a charcoal or grey rug such as my Whitman Rug in Seal for an elegant impact.
3. Metallic accent pieces will add a luxurious element to a space accented with Rose Quartz or Serenity. Copper, gold, or brass will look great against either of these colours, however with the up-coming trend of mixing metals, there’s no need to pick just one; look to my Florence Coffee Table Set to see how mixing metals can look effortlessly chic!
4. Placing the two colours in the one space is simple due to the softness of both hues. The subtle blush tones of my Knightsbridge Queen Bed work perfectly with the soft blue in my Flanders Cushion, creating a romantic setting for your boudoir. Not to be forgotten, a luxurious rug will complete the dreamy space.
5. A beautiful piece such as my Martine Sofa is sure to be a showstopper when paired with the soft blush tone of Rose Quartz, emulating that soothing and tranquil effect Pantone describes.
No matter which side you choose, whether it be the cool and soothing tones of Serenity blue or the warm romantic hue of Rose Quartz, the addition of the Pantone Colour(s) of the Year within your interior promise both an on-trend aesthetic combined with a tranquil atmosphere for the ultimate in home décor in 2016.
How will you be styling Rose Quartz or Serenity Blue into your interior?