My friends, I’m comfortably seated in one of my many favourite perches, coffee balanced precariously on a footstool in front of me, admiring all that defines the chair… So, with out further adieu I present to you my top ten picks across occasional chairs, dining chairs, and yes even the humble bar stool.
- My first pick, covering versatility, comfort and aesthetics is my Belamy Curved Arm Occasional Chair. Contrasting a soft, textural upholstery with industrial curved arms and subtle timber detailing, the Belamy chair is the perfect addition in the bedroom, complimenting your lounge furniture in the living space, or in a favourite nook to hide away and read a classic novel. The mix of delicate feminine lines and tough industrial metal makes the Belamy a rare piece that is not defined by one specific furniture style and suits a variety of interior schemes.
- Blessed with a typically outdoor lifestyle, Australians can’t get enough of beautiful outdoor furniture and thankfully outdoor entertaining furniture has come a long way since the humble director’s chair of yesteryear. Proving that outdoor chairs can be just as exquisite as their indoor counterparts, the St Lucia Armchair from Coco Republic features expertly woven back and sides with a silhouette that is just purposefully undone enough to emit sophisticated casual appeal. As the second pick in my top ten, I’m looking forward to long lazy summers with the St Lucia as my companion in the sun.
- Ditch your old swivel computer chair and opt for a desk chair to speak volumes on your office style, like my third pick; the Kagney Leather Chair. Office chairs are too often sterile, and let’s say it; unpleasing to the aesthetically trained eye. It’s fair to say that most of our working week is spent sitting behind reports, emails and documents so why not make your desk chair one you value and look forward to greeting each morning? Leather furniture will stand the test of time too, with signs of age as much as endearing quality as it’s timeless endurance- as if that’s not enough to make you love the Kagney Occasional Chair.
- For a touch of impressive and sophisticated glamour, don’t go past my Clementine High Back Chair, ranked forth in my top ten. Nothing says luxe grandeur quite like a wing chair, especially one as remarkable as Clementine; featuring chrome legs and stunning silver nail head trim following a curvaceous silhouette. Ideal as a bedroom chair, or styled in a vignette; enjoy late nights spent reclining with your favourite style magazine, comfortable in the knowledge you’re out-doing even the editor.
- Set to be as prolific as the egg chair, the Bridget Lounge Chair by Jonathon Adler, is a show-stopping, eye-catching, statement piece. Available in hues to literally stop you in your tracks, the Bridget Lounge Chair’s organic, sculptural form provides both a nod to the design of the 70’s, paired with contemporary vision to create a futuristic form. Modern allure never looked so good.
- There’s not too many that can compete with the clean feminine aesthetic and delicate lines in sweeps of silver leaf defining the Maxwell Chair. Ideal as a pair in a formal living room or in the corner of a bedroom oozing luxury appeal, the Maxwell chair has that enduring classic appeal and quality I look for when creating that sought after elegance. Coming in at number 6 on my top 10, this stunningly graceful occasional chair will be enjoyed for many years to come.
- I do seem to have a penchant for the classic wingback chairs, but I would like to bring the Hamptons Reading Library Chair to your attention, not only for the timeless aesthetic high back chairs offer, but for the antiqued influences the Hamptons Reading Chair displays in a modern fashion. Antique furniture doesn’t have to be creaky and bygone, rather adding a piece of history to your interior can add a touch of warmth and character that only classic furniture can afford. The hand carved features and nail head trim of the Hamptons Reading Library Chair really do allow this wing chair to stand the test of time.
- As unique as it is opulent, my Kagney Lattice Design Chair doesn’t stop with just one prevailing feature; the chair that just keeps on giving, the Kagney starts with a statement lattice design arm, finished with gold ferrules that taper to delicate points. The sumptuous upholstery is something to marvel at too; a softly undulating texture in a stormy green is the perfect accompaniment to a chair taking on decorative elements and aspects of a club chair to create a completely individual piece of furniture.
- Bar stools are not exempt from my top picks, and coming in at number 9 is my Ayres Bar Stool. If you’re looking for an option a little different and are sick of the day-to-day upholstery fabrics, my Ayres Hide Bar Stool is for you. Featuring tightly wrapped hide in a winning palate of neutral beige with slender matte gold legs, the Ayres makes a subtle statement with big impact. Leather detailing finishes this piece of in exceptional fashion.
- Last but certainly not least is my Dalton Dining Chair. Emulating contemporary elegance and casual sophistication all at once, the Dalton Dining Chair sits well in almost any interior scheme to provide that undeniably coveted dining room allure with sublime beauty. It’s no surprise my Dalton only ever receives warm sentiments; it’s paired back simplicity teamed with classic details provide the finishing touch for entertaining friends around the table.
So wraps up my top ten for now, but with a calendar like mine I’m always finding new and exceptional pieces. Don’t be shy, let me know your favourite pieces in the comments below.
Leave a comment